Here are some tips from the experts to help keep your lawn looking beautiful year-round:
- Mow your lawn when the grass is dry. Mowing wet grass can damage the blades and cause uneven mowing.
- Mow often enough that you never remove more then 1/3 of the lawn height with each cut.
- To enhance the appearance of your lawn, don’t forget to alternate your mowing pattern. This will help keep your grass from getting wear patterns or a dull appearance.
- Don’t cut your lawn too short! Cool season grasses shouldn’t ever be cut shorter than 2 inches, and warm season grasses shouldn’t ever be cut shorter than 1 inch.
- Watering too frequently or not frequently enough can be damaging to your lawn. The amount of water your lawn needs will vary from season to season, as well as from week to week depending on the amount of rainfall and how hot it gets.
- Water your lawn in the early morning. Watering during the heat of the day can cause heat stress, and watering at night can cause fungal diseases.
- Are you already a Second Nature Lawn Care customer on our lawn care program? If you have any weeds, please give us a call so we can come treat them free of charge (full 7-cycle program customers only).
- Be careful about pulling weeds from your lawn! Some weeds, such as nutsedge, form networks underground that will sprout twice as many weeds whenever one gets pulled from the ground.